Wednesday, December 24, 2014

My Child is Gay

Hey, I need some advice. My daughter who is 10 told me she thinks she likes girls. Of course, I know I have done right by her feeling she could tell me this at 10 year's old. I told her that is ok. I let her know I love and support her no matter what. She asked me what about God. I told her He loves her no matter what too. I told her that God knew who you were when He made you. I said we know what the bible says but it was written by man and those words are not in red. That means Jesus did not speak them and no-one is perfect. No-one is better than you. She says she still is not sure. I think she is but is scared. She doesn't want me to tell her dad until she is sure. I said I will respect that. Give me some advice my dear friend.
Proud Parent 

~ ~ ~

Dear Proud Parent,
I this you are handling this perfectly.  She is lucky to have a wonderful and understanding mother as yourself.  Just be there for her and keep loving her no matter what.  And you're absolutely right.  The words in the bible that speak on homosexuality are not in red. They are mans word, not God's.  You're also doing right by keeping her secret.  Let her tell her father, when she's ready.  Just let her know that you love her, you are there for her, and she'll always be your little girl.
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment