Thursday, March 19, 2015

Starting Over

Dear Will,

I loved someone with all my heart. For 12 years I meant it when I said I believed this person was my soul mate! I believed we were building for our golden years, I just never thought of life without her right up till she told me she wanted a divorce.  All I could think of was I have to get away.  I didn't take anything besides my clothes and my old truck, because I figured anything we worked for together would only be a reminder of how wrong I had truly been.  To tell you the truth I'm in a daze and don't know what to do? I'm not upset with her or anything like that, it's just for so long there was no me without her.  How do you go on in life? I never figured that I would be in this shape at this time in life. I loved being in a relationship, loved doing things for her, loved being in love and I want it back. I just don't know how to get there? It's over between me and her but I want to find someone else and don't have a clue where to look.  Any advice?

Starting over.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear Starting over.

It is said that when one door closes, another one opens.  I believe this to be true. It appears that this was a lovely chapter in your life, right up until the end and my heart goes out to you. But it's time to start a new chapter. A relationship can not work if both parties are not in it 100%.  She did you a favor by ending it with you if her heart wasn't in it.  If you desire to move on and find love again, go for it. Love will find you when and where you least expect it, but you have to put yourself out there. Join a singles group, a bowling league, Church group, something that you find interest, maybe even take a cooking or pottery class. Don't go with the intention on finding a mate, just go to have fun. You never who you may meet or who may introduce you to a friend.  Also, don't expect to find love right off the bat.  Take your time, go on several dates.  In time old wounds heal and you'll find love again. I promise.

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment